Pediatric Specialty Clinics
High quality pediatric intervention and treatment right here in Southeastern Massachusetts
We understand the difficulty of everyday life when you are caring for a child with disabilities. Our Specialty Clinics make it easier for families, providing comprehensive coordinated services close to home. Our goal is to provide the quality of services typically only available in major metropolitan areas, in our own community and within a setting that is familiar to our children. The following clinics provide medical evaluations, consultations, therapeutic interventions, and custom made assistive equipment.
- The Developmental Evaluation Clinic brings Jo-Ann Blaymore Bier, MD, a developmental pediatrician, to the Center one day a week, through an agreement with Children’s Hospital Boston. This clinic delivers diagnosis, follow-up, and referral services for children on the autism spectrum and/or who may have related developmental diagnoses.
- The Pediatric Rehab Clinic provides monthly consultation, evaluation, and treatment for children with neuromuscular conditions. This clinic is provided in collaboration with the Floating Hospital for Children at Tufts Medical Center.The services are provided by our medical director, Harry Webster, MD, FAAP, Chief of the Division of Pediatric Rehabilitation at the Floating Hospital.
- The Orthotic and Prosthetic Clinic is held in collaboration with New England Orthotics and Prosthetics. This clinic is held bi- weekly, custom fitting and monitoring the orthotic and prosthetic equipment, enabling more effective therapeutic interventions and a higher quality of life.
- The Mobility Clinic is held on site bi-weekly in collaboration with National Seating and Mobility and ATG/Design-Able. This clinic assesses and provides custom seating and mobility equipment helping each child to be safe and comfortable. Children may also be assessed for adaptive equipment that assists them in ambulating, again providing more fulfilling life experiences.
- The Genetics Clinic is held monthly in collaboration with Dr. Murray Feingold, Geneticist at Children's Hospital Boston. This clinic provides genetic testing and counseling for children and young adults, allowing diagnosis and treatment of conditions that are genetic in origin.
- The Orthopaedic Clinic is held quarterly and led by Dr. Purushottam Gholve of Floating Hospital for Children at Tufts Medical Center. Services include pediatric orthopaedic evaluation, treatment, and intervention.
- The Communication Enhancement Clinic is held quarterly in collaboration with Children’s Hospital Boston. This clinic evaluates children and provides recommendations for adaptive and augmentative communication assistance. Through this clinic, the treating therapist, family, and child receive recommendations for state of the art communication equipment.
The Schwartz Center for Children is a partner agency of the United Way of Greater New Bedford